Is getting out of bed on a morning excruciating because of heel pain? Do you find that you’re hobbling to the bathroom during the night/first thing? Do you get sharp stabbing pains when you stand up after resting? If you answer yes to at least one of these, you could be suffering from plantar fasciitis!
‘It can be estimated that around 10 million people in the UK will be suffering from plantar fasciitis at any time. It is crucial that this condition is recognised and treated with expert care.’
Plantar fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. It is an inflammation/thickening of the plantar fascia, a ligamentous type structure running from the heel to the base of the toes.
Most commonly it is the area near to the heel which suffers injury.
• Severe pain first thing in the morning
• Severe pain after periods of rest
• Aching and throbbing on an evening/after lots of activity
• Pain tends to either be sharp and stabbing, or dull and aching
• Frustration at having to reduce activities
• Frustration at living with ongoing pain
If this condition is not diagnosed and treated appropriately, the area will undergo further injury and/or weakening.
This can result in:
• A rupture of the fascia itself
• A heel spur to develop
• An increase in pain
• Longer treatment times (and therefore more expensive!)
• If the damage is severe to the area, possible long-term pain and surgery.
THE GOOD NEWS
To start to deal the most severe pain first thing on a morning we have this top tip massage technique which you can watch here. This technique helps to release the tension in the plantar fascia overnight, reducing the pain you feel on standing out of bed.
The even better news is that there are foot pain specialists who can assist you in relieving your foot pain and rehabilitating your feet back to peak health. Here at The Foot and Ankle clinic in Darlington, our team uses the most up to date techniques and equipment to ensure that your plantar fasciitis is gone for good.
Our specialist treatments are focused on:
• The most up to date and effective treatments
• Treatments that are tailored to YOU as an individual
• We prioritise effective non-invasive treatments over risky invasive or surgical procedures
• We ensure that you are fully involved in your treatment plan every step of the way
We understand that painful feet impact on every area of your life – you need this pain and injury resolving as quickly and safely as possible to the best condition your feet can be!
What can we provide?
A specialist heel and foot pain assessment
What is it?
A thorough investigation of your heel pain through a comprehensive evaluation of signs and symptoms, pain, presentation of the feet and guidance on your next steps to recovery.
What this does for you
This allows you to access the right treatments for your heel pain to give you the relief and care you need.
You can send us a direct message about your heel pain using the address below:
OR you can speak straight to one of our knowledgeable team members to be assessed by calling: